.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

www.bibletruthonline.com BLOG ZONE

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Christian Persecution in INDIA

More and more we here of this "democratic" society and the twisted pagan Hindu extremists who persecute innocent Christians...would Ghandi approve?

Dalit Christians Forced to Bow to Hindu Idols - Compass Direct

Lambini tribal villagers in Karnataka state prohibited Pastor Revanna Naik and his congregation from worshiping on Sunday, October 29, instead forcing them to bow down and worship Hindu deities. Three of the 11 Christian families at the church in the remote village in Chitradurga district refused to bow before the idols or partake of the prasad offering that would indicate allegiance to the Hindu deities. The local council chief ordered the village to ostracize those families. This stigma of being ostracized will crush the very spirit of the Lambani, who are very clan-oriented people. On November 6, Hindu extremists forced Christians in a remote village in southern Karnataka to bow down before Hindu deities. The Christians were marched to the village temple, forced to bow down before the Hindu gods and had the vermilion mark applied to their foreheads. A police inspector only watched this violation of the Christians' rights. Pray the families who are shunned by the villagers will draw close to Jesus and know His loving presence as never before.

Pray the police officer and Hindu extremists will repent and come to know Jesus' forgiveness.

Psalm 119:81-88

81 My soul faints with longing for your salvation,
but I have put my hope in your word.

82 My eyes fail, looking for your promise;
I say, "When will you comfort me?"

83 Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke,
I do not forget your decrees.

84 How long must your servant wait?
When will you punish my persecutors?

85 The arrogant dig pitfalls for me,
contrary to your law.

86 All your commands are trustworthy;
help me, for men persecute me without cause.

87 They almost wiped me from the earth,
but I have not forsaken your precepts.

88 Preserve my life according to your love,
and I will obey the statutes of your mouth.

Every month The Voice of the Martyrs reports on what is really happening around the world where our brothers and sisters are persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ. Now you can receive a free subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs award winning monthly newsletter. You will be inspired, you will learn to pray and even discover practical ways to get involved.

Sign up today.

Technorati:,,

2 Comments:

  • I asked if you might be interested in my Bible reading notes. These blogs have been closed. I have a new blog - "St Andrew's, Bellsmyre".

    By Blogger Charlie Cameron, at 1:53 PM  

  • Update to my first comment - The third blog is no longer available. The first two can still be found here and here.

    By Blogger Charlie Cameron, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home