.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

www.bibletruthonline.com BLOG ZONE

Friday, December 08, 2006

Christian Persecution in PAKISTAN


PAKISTAN
Christian Couple Sentenced to Fifteen Years for Blasphemy -
VOM sources

On November 26, two believers were sentenced to 15 years in prison and a fine of 25,000 rupees each for burning the Koran. On October 18, Boota and James Masih, a married couple, were asked to clean a Muslim family's store and burn the garbage when they finished. The two gathered all the garbage in a donkey cart and burned it outside the home. Some Muslim neighbors saw the burning and discovered Koranic papers in the fire. An angry mob gathered and planned to burn Christian homes and churches. Police controlled the mob by arresting James and Boota, even though they are illiterate and did not know the contents of the garbage. Ask the Lord to comfort and protect James and Boota in prison.

Psalm 119:49-51
Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life. The proud have me in great derision, Yet I do not turn aside from Your law. I remembered Your judgments of old, O LORD, And have comforted myself. Indignation has taken hold of me Because of the wicked, who forsake Your law. Your statutes have been my song In the house of my pilgrimage. I remember Your name in the night, O LORD, And I keep Your law. This has become mine,
Because I kept Your precepts.

Every month The Voice of the Martyrs reports on what is really happening around the world where our brothers and sisters are persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ. Now you can receive a free subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs award winning monthly newsletter. You will be inspired, you will learn to pray and even discover practical ways to get involved.

Sign up today.

Technorati:,,

2 Comments:

  • This is so sad. Will be praying for this couple, and that somehow God will intervene.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

  • An overwhelming majority of Saints are under persecution. I feel for India because we have co-workers there. Let us be moved by the fact we are one body. God bless

    By Blogger dean-dzai, at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home